THE PROPHETIC CALENDAR
Read her blog posts here
A day for a Year
Of Calendars and Kings
No two ancient kingdoms used the same method of keeping track of time. Some used a Solar calendar, some used a Lunar Calendar, and some used a Stellar or Sidereal Calendar. http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?t=theope-20&o=1&p=8&l=bpl&asins=076843209X&fc1=000000&IS2=1<1=_blank&m=amazon&lc1=0000FF&bc1=000000&bg1=FFFFFF&f=ifrDepending on who was in charge and what things were important to the kingdom dictated how their calendar was made up. Most calendars started in the spring, but not all. In order to perpetuate the myth that the king was a god, great pains would be taken to know when a certain star or constellation might ascend or decline. One could become rich if one were able to ascertain this kind of information for the king.
They understood he was the anti-christ fulfilling prophecy by changing times [Dan 7:25], but begrudgingly realized that it was more accurate than the pagan Julian calendar they were using. This is why people like George Washington and Beethoven will have two birthdays listed; they were born in the year their country changed over to the Gregorian calendar.
Note: Pope Gregory XIII also made a significant change in first century dating by “losing” the six years that astronomers had determined the calendars were off by. See End Note: Soli-Lunar Cycles
Fortunately, throughout time, God has provided men with the ability to solve these difficult problems and they have been successful in matching up all the different calendars coming up with accurate dates in antiquity. These dates were compiled by the great chronologist of history; Sir Isaac Newton, Clinton, Laplace, James Bowman Lindsay, Wiseler, Benson, Brown, Mann, Ideler, Biachini, Sanclemeti, etc. Since the purpose of Biblical Prophecy is to foretell history, the interpretation and fulfillment must fit within the boundaries of generally recognized historical chronologies.
FYI: During the mid 1700’s a Swiss astronomer and chronologist, M. Jean Philippe Loys de Cheseaux (published 1754), while attempting to fix the date of Christ’s crucifixion discovered four soli-lunar epacts (reconciliation of solar and lunar calendars) previously unknown to astronomers.
http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?t=theope-20&o=1&p=8&l=bpl&asins=0768432375&fc1=000000&IS2=1<1=_blank&m=amazon&lc1=0000FF&bc1=000000&bg1=FFFFFF&f=ifrThese were discovered by examining the 1260 day/yr, 1290 day/yr, 1335 day/yr, and the 2300 day/yr prophecies in the book of Daniel and using recently invented telescopes and accurate timepieces. M. de Cheseaux found a near perfect method of harmonizing the lunar, solar, and sidereal calendars that reconciles them to one another. He determined that every 1260 years the sun and moon align within 5 minutes, allowing the calendars to reconcile. Needless, to say, M. de Cheseaux’s work points to the obvious, that our Creator is the perfect and complete historian and that the stars do give signs. The 30 days and additional 45 days of Daniel Chapter 12 are required to harmonize the calendars.
Day for a Year
The Historicist views that a day set forth in prophecy denotes a year in history. This understanding comes from studying numerous scriptures that point to the symbolic use of days and weeks to denote years.
- “At that very hour some Pharisees came, and said to him, get away from here, for Herod wants to kill you. And he said to them, “Go and tell that fox, ‘Behold, I cast out demons and perform cures today and tomorrow, and the third day I finish my course. Nevertheless, I must go on my way today and tomorrow and the day following; for it cannot be that a prophet should perish away from Jerusalem.” Luke 13:32
- They refused to go into the land after the spies came back with a terrifying report. For their unbelief, they were kept out of the land 40 years, a year for every day they had been spying. [Num 14:1-38]
- “Then lie upon your left side, and I will lay the punishment of the house of Israel upon you; for the number of the days that you lie upon it, you shall bear their punishment; For I assign to you a number of days, three hundred and ninety days, equal to the number of the years of their punishment; so long shall you bear the punishment of the house of Israel. And when you have completed these, you shall lie down a second time, but on your right side, and bear the punishment of the house of Judah; forty days I assign you, a day for each year. And you shall set your face toward the siege of Jerusalem, with your arm bared; and you shall prophesy against the city. And, behold, I will put cords upon you, so that you cannot turn from one side to the other, till you have completed the days of your siege.” Ezek 4:4-8
Each day equals one year of judgment.
A Year or a Time Equals 360 Days
A Historicist views that a year or a time in prophecy is the equivalent of a 360-day year. Studying numerous scriptures and having an understanding of the historical grammatical interpretation leads this understanding.
- Noah’s year was 360 days long: [Gen 7:11, 17,24; 8:3-6]
- Noah entered the Ark in the second month on the 17th day.
- The waters abated in the seventh month on the seventeenth day.
- The waters had prevailed for a total of 150 days.
- This breaks down to five months of 30 days each.
- Conclusion: If each month is 30 days and there are 12 month in a year; then Noah’s year would be 360 days. The story of Noah is the only place in the Bible where the length of a month is defined.
- In ancient Babylon and Egypt, a “time” or year of 360 days was based on the sidereal or the elliptical path of the stars. Astronomers determined 12 months of 30 days each made up a year of 360 even days. It did not follow the solar cycle, and had to be reconciled to the solar year by the addition of 5 days at the end of each year. Daniel lived in Babylon when he wrote the prophecy.
- Archeological evidence exists that the Egyptians and Chinese also used a calendar of 360 days as early as 4000 BC.
- The Babylonian astronomers, of whose science Daniel would have been most familiar, followed the Egyptian use of a 360-day calendar. The calendar was reconciled with an extra month every time they realized they were off.
Times Used in Prophecy
Every seventh day was a day of rest, a Sabbath.
Every seventh year the Lord commanded the Israelites to set aside and rest the land as unto the Lord. [Lev 25:1-7] This is called the Sabbatical year for the land.
Every forty-nine years there would be a Jubilee Year (the 50th year also the 1st year) wholly set aside unto the Lord. Slaves were to be set free, land was to be returned to its original owner, and no crops were to be planted. [Lev 25:8-34]
Israel failed to keep the covenant.
- They worshipped the golden calf early in their exile from Egypt. [Ex. 32:7-35] In Shittim
- The people played the harlot with the daughters of Moab and worshipped Moab’s gods [Num.25:1-18]
- They refused to go into the land after the spies came back with a terrifying report. For their unbelief, they were kept out of the land 40 years, a year for every day they had been spying. [Num 14:1-38]
- Israel continued in idolatry constantly going after Ashtaroth and Baal. [Judg 2:11, 10:13; I Sam 7:3-4, 12:10; I King 11:5, 33 to name just a few] God remembers their disobedience and judgment or the sudden terror led them into the Babylonian captivity that lasted for 70 years. [Jer 29:10]
- Israel failed to keep the entire covenant, specifically Jubilees, upon returning to the land. “And if in spite of this you will not hearken to me, then I will chastise you again SEVEN TIMES for your sins.” [Lev 26:18] In Lev 26:18, 21, 24, and 28 the Lord repeats four times that various calamities would befall Israel seven times for their sins. The sword, pestilence, and famine would follow them and ultimately Israel would be scattered among the nations, leaving the land to rest in desolation for its Sabbaths.
- Since then Israel has always been under foreign domination. Moses’ final message to Israel found in Deuteronomy 29:16 – 30:10 warns that they would be scattered among the nations until a final restoration. The final restoration will not take place until after the duration of seven times, or 7 x 360 = 2520 years of Sabbath rest. [Luke 21:24, Dan 4:32]
The Gentile King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon had conquered Judah, by 606BC.
Nebuchadnezzar’s relates a dream [Dan. 4:1-37] in which he is portrayed as a great tree, cut down for “seven times”. This is significant to Nebuchadnezzar, as during his lifetime it was traditional to use the icon of a tree to represent the king. It was called the Mystical Tree of Life. At the thought of his tree, being cut down Nebuchadnezzar is understandably upset, as the cutting down of the king/tree was a sign for death.
Daniel assures him that he will not die, only live like a beast for seven years. Then he will come back fully restored knowing the God who rules all things. Much relieved that he was not going to die, Nebuchadnezzar forgot the rest of the interpretation and when he least expected it God struck him down.
Nebuchadnezzar by William Blake
Nebuchadnezzar’s bestial character typifies the bestial prophecy of Dan 7 in which Nebuchadnezzar was both the ruling head and representative of their character. [Dan 2:37-38] These gentile empires were ignorant of God, and idolatrous persecutors of the people of God. However, at the end of his punishment, he acknowledged the Most High.
The Times of the Gentiles 2520 Years
It is the viewpoint of the Historicist that the usage of SEVEN TIMES in prophetic language determines the length of times for the gentile reign and punishment of Israel for the breaking of the covenants. In addition, they view seven times to be equivalent to 360 years times 7, for a total of 2520 years. This constitutes the FULL TIMES OF THE GENTILES. This punishment for breaking Sabbath covenants is to end when the Holy People are no longer trodden down. [Dan 8:13]
Reconciling Sidereal, Lunar and Solar Calendars:
- Today we use a solar calendar of 365.25 days. The solar calendar is based on the hypothetical motion of the sun. The .25 day is handled by the addition of an extra day every four years.
- The Jews use a lunar calendar of 354 days. This is 11 days short and after approximately 3 years it is necessary to add a month in order to catch up to solar time.
- Astronomers, Navigators, and Farmers use a Sidereal calendar of 360 days. This is the length of Noah’s year as recorded in the Bible. [Gen. 7:11-24, 8:2-4] A Sidereal calendar is measured by the apparent motion of fixed stars.
- Today a sidereal day is the interval between two successive transits of the first point of Aries over the upper meridian of any place, equal to 23 hrs 56 min 4.09 sec of mean solar time. A sidereal day has 24 sidereal hours, each of 60 sidereal minutes, each minute of 60 sidereal seconds. A Sidereal calendar is adjusted via charts according to the movement of the sun.
The Biblical prophetic seven times is equal to 2520 years. When working with lunar years, in order to adjust to our solar calendar, 2520 will be equivalent to only 2442 solar years. Likewise, 2520 sidereal years are equivalent to only 2484 solar years.
The day Nabonassar was crowned the first king of Babylon is the earliest possible starting date for the beginning of the bestial kingdoms, February 26, 747BC.
Ω 747 – 539 BC Babylonian Empire (Gold)
Ω 539 – 334 BC Medio-Persian Empire (Silver)
Ω 334 – 65 BC Greek Empire (Bronze)
Ω 65 BC – 476 AD Pagan Roman Empire (Iron)
Ω 476 AD – Today Roman Empire (Iron and Clay – the ten kingdoms)
“Seven times” equals 2520 solar years.
2520 lunar years is equivalent to 2442 solar years.
2520 sidereal years is 2484 solar years.
FULL TIME OF THE GENTILES
X 2520 YEARS X
Lunar: 747 BC —————————– 476 AD —————————- 1689 AD
Nabonassar crowned fall of Rome Treaty of Carlowitz
1st king of Babylon
Solar: 747 ——————————————————————- 1774 AD
Nabonassar crowed Accession of Louis XVI
1st king of Babylon Era of Retribution *
Solar: 723 ———————————————————— 1798
Samaria 1st besieged by Napoleon 1st
Shalmaneser Counsel of the Republic
Solar: 675/6 ——————————————————- 1844
Esarhaddon invaded Israel edict of Toleration **
Lunar: 587 ————————————————- 1860***
Fall of Jerusalem Lebanon under Christian Govt.
Syrian Massacres occurred brought in European intervention
Solar: 605 ——————————————————- 1915
Nebuchadnezzar makes Judah a Tributary World War I
Solar: 604 ——————————————————- 1917
WWI Belfore Declaration
Solar: 598 ——————————————————- 1923
Birth of Cyrus the Persian last Caliph dies
Ezekiel taken to Babylon
Solar: 587 ——————————————————— 1934
Final fall of Jerusalem to Nebuchadnezzar election of Hitler
Solar: 587 —————————————————– 1934****
Fall of Judah & Jerusalem British mandate for Palestine
Liberating Israel from all Turkish rule.
** 1844 The edict of Toleration stated “The Sublime Porte engages to take effectual measures to prevent henceforward the execution and putting to death of the Christian who is an apostate. Henceforward neither shall Christianity be insulted in my dominions, nor shall Christians be in any way persecuted for their religion.”
*** During the reign of the last king of Judah (Zedekiah), in 587BC the last group of captives were taken to Babylon and Jerusalem fell. Measuring from 587BC to 1860AD the Syrian Massacres occurred and brought in European intervention, which was the beginning of the end of the Ottoman Empire. If we bisect the SEVEN TIMES or 1260 lunar years, we arrive at the capture of Jerusalem by Omar in 637AD.
A few years later the Mosque of Omar or Dome of the Rock was built on the Temple site.
**** Measuring from 587BC the year Jerusalem fell, brings us to 1934AD the year of the British Mandate for Palestine. Liberating Israel from all Turkish rule 14 years later in 1948AD, Israel was free and independent.
Time, Times and a Half-time, or 1260 yrs
The beast kingdoms of Babylon, Medio-Persia, and Greece, give way to Rome, the fourth and terrifying beast. With the entrance of Rome we have a complete description of the full times of the gentiles (3 1/2 times + 3 1/2 times = seven times) over God’s people until the complete destruction of the last beast.
In the year 605 BC the people of Judah first lost their independence and became subject to Babylon and Daniel was taken into captivity. [II Kings 24:10] Now, from the first deportation in 605BC to the first edict by Cyrus in 536BC [Ezra 1:2], for the Israelites to go back into their land and rebuild Jerusalem, was a total of 70 years.
The duration of the entire Babylonian Empire from Nabonassar in 747BC to its capture by Cyrus in 538BC was 210 years. 210 is divisible by 3 equal 70. This means the Babylonian Captivity of the Jews occurred during the finale one third (or 70 years) of the Empires reign. The 210 years is also seven prophetic months, 30 times 7 equals 210. So ancient Babylon lasted seven such months.
Now John is taken into the throne room in heaven and sees the Lamb that was slain (Jesus Christ) opening the sealed scroll that finishes the prophecy and clearly identifies the last half of the seven times. The description of Daniel’s fourth beast allows us a comparison with the characteristics of the beast out of the sea in The Revelation, in order to properly identify the beast out of the sea. Both of these beasts describe the civil or political Roman Empire.
The first 1260 years covers the reign of the pagan empires of Babylon, Medio-Persia, Greece and The Roman Empire. At the mid point of the seven times or 2520 years The Revelation describes the fall of the Roman Empire and its reappearance as the Kingdom of Iron (Rome civil) and Clay (Rome religious).
This is the second half of the 2520 years and the second time-period of 1260 years. The reign of the twin apostate horns of Daniel 7 and 8 are during this time-period. They are given until the end of the Times of the Gentiles to plague God’s people.
Just as there were two Roman Empires, Eastern and Western, there are two different starting periods when figuring the bisecting period of the 2520 years. This bisection era spanning 160 years is well marked by two unquestionable events; one event for each half of the Roman Empire.
Please Note: All lunar and sidereal years have been adjusted to solar years.
747BC + 1260 lunar years = 476AD
Crowning of Nabonassar Fall of Rome (to the day deposition of Romulus Augustulus
602BC + 1260 lunar years = 622AD
overthrow of Hegira
Jehoiakim by Nebuchadnezzar (the beginning of the Mohammedan calendar)
587BC 1260 lunar years 637AD
Nebuchadnezzar’s destruction of Jerusalem Omar/Saracen conquest of Jerusalem
1260 years of Papal Power
Solar: 533 AD ———————————————————- 1793 AD
Edict of Justinian Regicide and Reign of Terror
Lunar: 533 ———————————————————– 1755
Decree which made the Beginning of French Revolution
Bishop of Rome the head of the church (1755 by lunar, 1774 by calendar, and 1793 by solar)
all important initial dates of the French Revolution.
Sidereal: 533 ——————————————————— 1774
Accession of Louis XVI
Sidereal: 590 ——————————————————— 1849
First Pope proper Pope loses temporal authority
Pope Gregory the Great Sept. 3 Feb 8th Roman Republic declaired
Solar: 607 ———————————————————— 1867
Decree of Phocas Papal overthrow / Austria vs Prussia
Confirming the primacy of the see of Rome over all church battle at Sadowa
3 great overthrows of Papal power
(1830 by lunar, 1848-49 by calendar, 1866-70 by solar)
Lunar: 607 ———————————————————— 1830
Papal overthrow / Abdication of Charles X
Sidereal: 607 ———————————————————- 1848-9
Papal overthrow / Revolution
Solar: 610 ————————————————————— 1870
Emperor Phocas at Constantinople Pope’s temporal power lost
conceding to the Pope
headship over all Christendom
Solar: 663 ————————————————————— 1923
Laterizing decree of Vitalian Mussolini
All church service shall be held in Latin
1260 years of Mohammedan Power
Lunar: 622 AD ——————————————————- 1844 AD
Hegira Ottomans compelled to stop / edict of religious toleration
Solar: 622 ———————————————————– 1882
1st settlement reestablished in Israel
Lunar: 637 ———————————————————— 1859
Omar captures Jerusalem Turkey proclamation of equal rights
Dome of the Rock was built on the Temple site
Solar: 637 ————————————————————– 1897
Turkey lost Crete to Britain
Sidereal: 637 ———————————————————– 1877-78
English Protectorate of Asia Minor
Time Set for the Desolation
“And from the time that the continual burnt offering is taken away, and the abomination that makes desolate is set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.” Dan 12:11
This is not so!
In Daniel there are three different times that a variation of this phrase is used.
à The first one in Dan 8:13-14 is concerning the little horn of the Greek Goat and can only be fulfilled by the Eastern Empire. Therefore, we must look to the East for something that will trample (persecution) the host for 2300 years. From the first Seleucid in 313BC to the end of the Ottoman Empire in 1919/20AD is 2300 lunar years.
à The second, Dan 9:26-27, speaks of armies and is about the destruction of Jerusalem in 70AD. This is the same desolation that Matt 24:15, Mark 13:14, and Luke 21:20 speak of.
Neither of these desolations speaks to a literal idol or icon that is set up in the Temple. For one thing, after 70AD there is no Temple in which to set up an idol.
The only abomination that has lasted for 1260 years, or 2520 years etc. is that abomination that has been set up in the hearts of man. The Mystery Religion in the forms of pagan worship, the Roman Church, and Islam have permeated first Israel and then the True Church of God in such insidious ways that she does not even know it. She has become the vessel in which it continues to live on, until the Holy One returns and destroys it completely, once and for all.
à Dan 12:11 is merely speaking to the second 1260 years of the seventimes and has added an additional 30 years for the abomination that has corrupted man’s heart and doctrine to retain some kind of authority. Dan 12:12 says, “blessed is he who waits, and comes to the 1335 days”. This is yet another additional time of 45 years. Together there is a total of 75 years added to the 1260 years and the seventimes.
Let there be no mistake, there is no mention in Daniel 12 of what is to take place after the 2520 years, second 1260 years, and the additional 75 years. Many have considered this a reference to the onset of a millennial reign or the Second Coming of Christ, but this cannot be. It is only a time reference for the end of the abomination. It does not say what comes next!
360 Years for the Angel’s Oath or in other words The Shiny Dude
I heard, but I did not understand. Then I said, “O my lord, what shall be the issue of these things?” He said, “Go your way, Daniel, for the words are shut up and sealed until the time of the end.
Many shall purify themselves, and make themselves white, and be refined; but the wicked shall do wickedly; and none of the wicked shall understand; but those who are wise shall understand. And from the time that the continual burnt offering is taken away, and the abomination that makes desolate is set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.
Blessed is he who waits and comes to the thousand three hundred and thirty-five days. But go your way till the end; and you shall rest, and shall stand in your allotted place at the end of the days.” Dan 12:7-14
“Then I saw another mighty angel coming down from heaven, wrapped in a cloud, with a rainbow over his head, and his face was like the sun, and his legs like pillars of fire. He had a little scroll open in his hand. And he set his right foot on the sea, and his left foot on the land, and called out with a loud voice, like a lion roaring; when he called out, the seven thunders sounded.
And when the seven thunders had sounded, I was about to write, but I heard a voice from heaven saying, “Seal up what the seven thunders have said, and do not write it down.” And the angel whom I saw standing on sea and land lifted up his right hand to heaven and swore by him who http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?t=theope-20&o=1&p=8&l=bpl&asins=0979267102&fc1=000000&IS2=1<1=_blank&m=amazon&lc1=0000FF&bc1=000000&bg1=FFFFFF&f=ifrlives forever and ever, who created heaven and what is in it, the earth and what is in it, and the sea and what is in it, that there should be no more delay, but that in the days of the trumpet call to be sounded by the seventh angel, the mystery of God, as he announced to his servants the prophets, should be fulfilled.”
It is evident that The Oath Taker in both references is the same, the Son of God Himself. To Daniel it is announced; that the events which had just been predicted would occupy a time, times, and a half, and then the time of the Gentiles would be finished. To John it is announced; after the Sixth Trumpet of judgment has been blown, and has failed to bring an apostate church to repentance, that not one single time remained. After the Sixth Trumpet there is less than a “time” (360 yrs) left to complete the judgment of the Bowls.
360 Years, or final “time” of the Angel’s oath
1510AD ———————————————————- 1870AD
Luther teaches “the Just live by faith” Independence of Italy / Papal Infallibility
First immigration of Jews to Palestine (see Zionists)
1517 —————————————————————- 1877
Luther’s 95 Thesis A converted Jew, Samuel Schereschewsky
translated the Bible into Mandarin Chinese
1529 —————————————————————- 1889
Dicta (court) of Spires “The Ralliement” *
1555 —————————————————————– 1915
Confession of Augsburg (religious freedom) World War I Beginnings
1563AD —————————————————————- 1923AD
End of the Council of Trent Palestine mandate ratified by League of Nations
1572AD —————————————————————– 1932AD
St. Bartholomew’s Day massacre Hitler’s election
1648AD —————————————————————— 2008AD
End of The Thirty Years’ War Possible Seventieth Jubile
This was motivated by the popes desire to secure French aid for the solution of the Roman question.