Rep. Dan Lungren (R.-Calif.) asked Paul Stockton, assistant defense secretary for homeland defense, whether “we are at war with violent Islamist extremism.”
To accompany the hearing, Chairman King released a Congressional Majority Investigative Report, also entitled,
“The Department of Defense considers the U.S. Homeland the most dangerous place for a G.I. outside of foreign warzones – and the top threat they face here is from violent Islamist extremists.
That is what must stop, and remember BOTH parties have been doing the same thing. We need to change this NOT by complaining about THINGS we don’t have, but by changing the paradigm completely by which we view ALL POLITICIANS BY! Vote out EVERY progressive no matter what in 2012 and beyond and then we can get back our country.
Progressives are a political Cancer designed to dismantle and destroy the constitutional ground work of America – NOT OVERNIGHT BUT OVER TIME and they’ve been doing it since 1910. So you do the math and look at where we’re at now, if you cannot see that voting in more of the same kind of dangerous people is playing ‘Russian Roulet’ then welcome to communist America!
REAL VOTER ISSUES WE MUST STOP DOING:
I always vote for a women, a man!
I ALWAYS vote for candidates because its what my family has always had a duty to do – Vote party line!
This is absurd, who cares about those things? If progressives have infiltrated ALL OF THAT, and exist in every level of American society then voting along these impersonal lines makes no sense whatsoever. It is because of our lack of understanding the progressive agendas in the first place. We allow them to steal our votes, because we are to lazy to dig out their motives!
What we should be focusing on is CONTENT instead of empty talk. Substance beyond the debates, that’s where the rubber meats the road not how well they attack each other. Neither Romney nor Gingrich have told the truth about their voting records which is public record for all to see, and they depend on the fact MOST Americans will not check on it.
Romney Vs. Perry on the Issues!
Gingrich Voting Record:
WHILE MY 8 YEAR OLD GRANDDAUGHTER COULD RUN THE COUNTRY BETTER THAN OBAMA THERE IS A GOOD REASON TO TOTALLY VET THESE PEOPLE!
THE PROGRESSIVE ENEMIES OF AMERICA:
We as Americans must redefine why we vote if our vote is to count for anything at all. Progressives ARE THE PROBLEM, how they define freedom is unconstitutional and against basic American values. Their intent is to manipulate the system that our founders established, to redefine words we take for granted like FREEDOM, RIGHTS AND GOVERNMENT.
While a third party WILL NOT SOLVE OUR PROBLEMS it is important to know that the Tea Party SHOULD begin to do as our enemy has done, INFILTRATE our government from the bottom up in every segment AND FILL IT WITH CONSTITUTIONAL LOVING PEOPLE.
“The United States has invited foreign government officials with responsibilities comparable to those at the Departments of Justice and Homeland Security to discuss best practices for two of the recommended actions from resolution 16/18:
engagement with members of minority religious communities and enforcement of laws that prohibit acts of discrimination on the basis of religion or belief.”
Let me translate.
The US has asked the secret police from the most repressive Islamic countries in the world for advice on how to quash anti-Islamic speech here.
What are the agenda items going to include? Flat vs. Sharp – The best kinds of rocks to use when stoning Christians?
Qur’an:8:39 “So fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief [non-Muslims]) and all submit to the religion of Allah alone (in the whole world).”
Eugene / Oregon
- ↑ Qur’an verses may not have the identical Surah (chapter) number in different translations of Muhammad’s book. There is no standard numbering system. However, all translations include the same verses, and if a passage is not found in one place it exists elsewhere in the text.
IF THE PHILIPPINES OR ANY OTHER NATION THINKS FOR A SECOND THAT PEACE WITH THESE ANIMALS IS THE ANSWER THEY ARE SADLY MISTAKEN!
The MILF was established in 1981 when Salamat Hashim and his followers split from the MNLF, due to the MNLF’s reluctance to launch an insurgency against the Philippine government and its supporters.
The MILF received support from Muammar Gaddafi, who was also involved with other groups in the Philippines.
In January 1987, the MNLF accepted the Philippine government’s offer of semi-autonomy of the regions in dispute, subsequently leading to the establishment of the Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao. The MILF, however, refused to accept this offer and continued their insurgency operations.
A general cessation of hostilities between the government in Manila and the MILF was signed in July 1997 but this agreement was abolished in 2000 by the Philippine Army under the administration of Philippine President Joseph Estrada. In response, the MILF declared a jihad (strived and struggled) against the government, its citizens and supporters. Under President Gloria Arroyo, the government entered into a cease-fire agreement with the MILF and resumed peace talks.
Despite peace negotiations and the cease-fire agreement, the MILF attacked government troops in Maguindanao resulting in at least twenty-three deaths in January 2005. The combined armies of the MILF and Abu Sayyaf were involved in days of fighting which necessitated government troops using heavy artillery to engage rebel forces.
The bombing incident in Davao airport in 2003 which the Philippine government blamed on MILF members, raised speculation that the peace negotiations might be ineffectual in bringing peace to Mindanao if the MILF is unable to control its operatives. The MILF denies ties with terrorist group Jemaah Islamiyah, although Jemaah Islamiyah is considered to have provided them with training facilities in areas they control. The MILF also continues to deny connections with Al-Qaeda, though it has admitted to sending around 600 volunteers to Al-Qaeda training camps in Afghanistan and that Osama Bin Laden sent money to the Philippines, though the group denies directly receiving any payment.
From June 28 to July 6, 2006, conflict between the MILF and armed civilian volunteers under Maguindanao Province governor Andal Ampatuan who were supported by the Philippine Army had been reported. The fighting began after governor Ampatuan blamed the MILF for a June 23 bomb attack on his motorcade, which killed five in his entourage. The MILF denied responsibility, but Ampatuan sent police and civilian volunteers to arrest MILF members connected to the attack. Four thousand families were reported displaced by the fighting that followed, which was ended by a cease-fire agreement signed on July 10 and July 11.
Basilan beheading incident
In March 2007, the Philippine government offered to recognize the right of self-determination for the Moro people which it had never done in three decades of conflict.
However on July 12, 2007, Islamic militants in Basilan in the southern Philippines killed 14 marines, beheading 11 of them, while 9 other marines were wounded and about 4 rebels were killed. The fighting took place as the marines were searching for kidnapped Italian priest, Giancarlo Bossi on June 10, 2007. A MILF soldier confirmed that some of its members had been involved in gun battles, despite the MILF peace treaty with the Philippine government. Mohagher Iqbal, the chief negotiator for the MILF, denied that it was responsible for the beheadings and the priest’s abduction.
On July 19, 2007, despite no ransom being paid, Giancarlo Bossi, who was kidnapped on June 10 in Zamboanga Sibugay province, was freed. Philippine authorities described his kidnappers as members of the Abu Sayyaf. Government authorities blamed a renegade commander of the MILF for Bossi’s kidnapping, but it denied any involvement.
According to the provincial administrator of Basilan, more than 900 families have been displaced as a result of the deployment of soldiers in Basilan in response to the beheading of 11 soldiers of the Philippine Marines who were killed in an encounter with MILF in Al-Barkah town. While the MILF owned their responsibility over the death of the 14 soldiers of the Philippine Marines. They describe this as a warning for trespassing in their territory in Basilan. In previous agreements, the two groups have negotiated about respecting MILF camps and presence to avoid conflicts in these areas, an agreement that is prone to violation.
On August 4, 2008, the Supreme Court of the Philippines issued a temporary restraining order, preventing the Government and the MILF from officially signing the Memorandum of Agreement on Ancestral Domain, which would conclude all dispute and begin formal talks that would lead to the drafting and eventual signing of a Final Comprehensive Compact between the two groups.
The Court accepted motions by the southern provincial governments that object to the extended boundaries for the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao envisioned in the peace deal. The MOA-AD would have allowed the Moro people gained control of the region under the concept of human rights with the right to establish a police force and to control natural resources.
The MOA-AD was initialed by former governor and peace panel chair Rodolfo García and Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process Hermogenes Esperon and MILF peace panel chair Mohagher Iqbal on July 27 in Malaysia. It was scheduled for formal signing on August 5, but the Supreme Court issued no negotiation preventing the executive department from signing the agreement.
The MOA-AD is the last of several agenda items under the 2001 agreement of the GRP-MILF. after security and relief and rehabilitation, prior to the discussion on the political settlement.
The Young Moro Professionals Network (YMPN) appealed to the public not to be afraid of the MOA-AD and to “open your hearts to the Moro grievance.” The YMPN said in a statement dated August 21:
“In these times of hardship, we hold hands as one, with our Christian and Islamic neighbours, in the name of peace, acceptance and justice. We are committed to a democratic and peaceful resolution of the conflict. Do not be afraid of the MOA-AD. To the national public, open your hearts to the Moro grievance.“
Over the next month, several MILF commanders were tagged by government officials as having initiated an offensive campaign. This was responded by the Armed Forces of the Philippines, which immediately deployed ten battalions composed of a total of 6,000 soldiers into Mindanao under the command of Lt. Gen. Cardozo Luna.
The violence displaced over 600,000 people and left about 300 dead.
On October 14, 2008, the Court, conducted a series of divided votes declared “contrary to law and the Constitution” the MOA-AD of the Government of the Republic of the Philippines and Moro Islamic Liberation Front Tripoli Agreement of Peace on 2001. The document of Conchita Carpio-Morales ruled:
“In sum, the Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process committed grave abuse of discretion when he failed to carry out the pertinent consultation process. The furtive process by which the MOA-AD was designed and crafted runs contrary to and in excess of the legal authority and amounts to a whimsical, capricious, oppressive, arbitrary and despotic exercise thereof. It illustrates a gross evasion of positive duty and a virtual refusal to perform the duty enjoined.”
Civil society organizations such as Consortium of Bangsamoro Civil Society had submitted a Motion for Reconsideration. However, the Supreme Court affirmed its October 14 ruling that declared unconstitutional the initialed MOA-AD between the Philippine government and the Moro Islamic Liberation Front on November 21, 2008.
MILF soldiers offered to help free the Irish priest father Michael Sinott, who was kidnapped in the Philippines on October 14, 2009 and sought permission to deploy about 100 of its soldiers in the area where Sinnott is believed to be held. However it was turned down by the Philippine government.
On September 23, 2010, Mohagher Iqbal said that the MILF will pursue for a substate likened to a U.S. State instead of independence from the Philippines. The Muslim substate will not exercise power over national defense, foreign affairs, currency and coinage, and postal services, which the central government exercises. Igbal further added that the substate will not have its own armed forces but instead will have troops for internal security.
- ^ a b Philippine Muslim rebels drop independence demand, ABC News International.
- ^ By Orlando de Guzman (2003-05-06). “Online Article:The Philippines’ MILF rebels, Last accessed 23 October 2006”. BBC News. Retrieved 2010-06-04.
- ^ Philippines CIA World Factbook, 2006
- ^ “Retrieved April 2, 2009 (12.20 GMT)”. Cdi.org. 2002-02-15. Retrieved 2010-06-04.
- ^ John Pike. “Retrieved April 2, 2009 (12.21 GMT)”. Globalsecurity.org. Retrieved 2010-06-04.
- ^ Dangerous dynamics: activists, militants and terrorists in Southeast Asia, Wright-Neville, D. The Pacific Review 17 (1), (2004)
- ^ Geoffrey Leslie Simons. Libya: the struggle for survival. p. 281.
- ^ “A Rogue Returns – Libya quietly makes a comeback”. AIJAC. February 2003.
- ^ Qaddafi, terrorism, and the origins of the U.S. attack on Libya (1990). Brian Lee Davis
- ^ “In the Spotlight: Moro Islamic Liberation Front”. Terrorism – Terrorist Network. Archived from the original on 2008-07-09.
- ^ President: MILF has until June 1 to cut terror links, Guinto, J. Philippine – Daily Inquirer, 13 May (2003)
- ^ “MIPT Terrorism Knowledge Base”. Tkb.org. Archived from the original on 2007-12-27. Retrieved 2010-06-04.
- ^ “Terrorism – Terrorist Network – In the Spotlight: Moro Islamic Liberation Front”. Cdi.org. 2002-02-15. Retrieved 2010-06-04.
- ^ Tentacles of terror: Al Qaeda’s Southeast Asian network, Abuza, Z. Contemporary Southeast Asia 24(3),(2002)
- ^ Buffer zones set up to prevent CVO-MILF clashes in Maguindanao , Carolyn Arguillas, Mindanews.com, July 10, 2006
- ^ “Breakthrough seen in Manila’s talks with Muslim rebels”. Reuters. March 10, 2007. Retrieved March 10, 2007.
- ^ “Online Article: Rebels behead Philippine troops, Last accessed 12 July 2007”. BBC News. 2007-07-11. Retrieved 2010-06-04.
- ^ Eux.tv, Abducted Italian priest freed in southern Philippines Last accessed 20 July 2007[dead link]
- ^ Maitem, Jeoffrey (20 July 2007). “MILF to Military on Bossi: ‘We told you so'”. Newsinfo Inquirer. Retrieved 10 June 2011.
- ^ a b c Lidasan, A. (2007) The Moro people have had it with all-out wars! Make Room for Peace, Pull-out troops in Basilan. Arkibong Bayan
- ^ “jurist.law.pitt.edu, Philippines high court blocks signing of regional peace agreement”. Jurist.law.pitt.edu. 2008-08-04. Retrieved 2010-06-04.
- ^ Parameswaran, Prashanth (2008-08-18). “Preserving the Southern Philippines’ Threatened Peace Deal”. World Politics Review. Retrieved 2009-01-14.
- ^ a b c Arguillas, C. (2008), SC affirms Oct. 14 ruling on “unconstitutional” MOA-AD, Mindanews
- ^ a b Mindanews (2009), Young Moro group appeals to public: “open your hearts to the Moro grievance”, Mindanews
- ^ Mindanaws (2009), Military starts operations against Bravo, Mindanews
- ^ Gallardo, F. (2009), Thousands line up road for Mindanao Peace Power Day, Mindanews
- ^ supremecourt.gov.ph/news, SC Declares MOA-AD Unconstitutional
- ^ “abs-cbnnews, Palace loses ancestral domain case with 8-7 SC vote”. Abs-cbnnews.com. 2008-10-14. Retrieved 2010-06-04.
- ^ “Peace adviser committed ‘grave abuse of authority’”. Newsinfo.inquirer.net. 2008-10-14. Retrieved 2010-06-04.
- FAS.org: Moro Islamic Liberation Front
- MILF Central Committee on Information Official Website
- The Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) and Security in Southeast Asia
- Moro Muslims engage US-Army: battles of Bud Dajo and Bud Bagsak
- GR Nos. 183591, 183572, 183893, and 183951, The Province of North Cotabato v. Republic, October 14, 2008